Bio

This blog is all about E -Marketing within the tourism and events industry·

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reflective

Throughout my time using this blog I have learnt many things. One of the first with E-marketing is making sure that you provide the most up-to-date resources that you can find. This is shown in the Apple Pay and Virgin Money posts, where keeping up with news is essential for information.
I found that early on into my blog, I was not naturally receiving many page views, and so I posted my blog out onto social media and this drastically improved the situation. This could be shown as an example of online culture, as I am technically 'advertising' out to those who I am friends with on Facebook and those who follow me on Twitter. At first I did not understand the importance of E-marketing, but now I realise that in today's society it is essential for the success of a company, as this is the generation of technology.

I have found that in conjunction with providing up-to-date news, it is also important to provide theory to explain the content of what you are talking about. For instance, In the mobile marketing post, I referenced some important authors such as Rowles 2014, as well as showing some statics of how mobile marketing actually effects the consumer. This shows the reader that I am capable of keeping my posts current as well as factually informative. If I could improve this post, I would go into more defined detail about mobile marketing in today's society, and the future that mobile marketing holds.

Overall, I have learnt that using an example, such as the Virgin group, is important to keep regular page visitors interested in my blog, as well as backing up and research materials with theory. It is important to show a general knowledge of the subject, as well as show a keen interest in what is changing in the world of E-marketing. If I were to improve my blog, I would make posts more current with what is changing day to day by researching more online news sources, and use more links similar to the links I use that are to the Virgin blog and the Virgin group website.

No comments:

Post a Comment